Membership in the WSA consists of two branches :
the Voting Members & Corporate membership
- Voting Membership is free and is open to film music composers upon presentation of at least two (2) written recommendations from existing Voting Members, and to executives active in the film music business, such as agents, managers, producers, publicists, etc. upon presentation of at least two (2) written recommendations from existing Voting Members. In case of a WSA advisory board member, one recommendation suffices.
Together with the written recommendations, all candidate members should supply a full bio that proves their active involvement in the film music profession, i.e. as a film composer or film music executive.
- Alternatively, the status of Voting Member is also automatically given to all WSA Nominees and Winners.
- The Board also may take the initiative to invite candidates to join as Voting Members.
- It is within the sole and confidential discretion of the Board to cancel or refuse membership, or to alter application regulations. The Board shall also resolve all interpretations and all questions with regards to membership applications.
- Most communication with the board is done via e-mail, or via regular mail.
Corporate Membership is available to all organizations, companies and bodies interested in financially supporting the activities organized and initiatives taken by the World Soundtrack Academy. Corporate Membership does not give the right to vote.